NODIN FAMILY- LA BEYLESSEA bridge is built over the « Mialan ». When the structure is built, the path coming from Cornas and skirting the mountain approaches Saint-Péray to take advantage of this bridge. It then goes around the building of the “Domaine de la Plaine”, describing an “S”. The old rustic manor has since been called “La Belle S”. The name has changed over time to “La Beylesse”. Several spellings are listed: Bellesse; Beylesse.
HISTORY OF FRANCE1300, the Vivarais comes under French sovereignty.
On October 13, 1307, the Templars were arrested by Philippe IV Le Bel, King of France.
From 1309 until 1376, at the request of Philippe Le Bel, the Pope settled in Avignon.
In 1337, it was the start of the Franco-English war, known as the “Hundred Years War”.